Arora Appleby. Powered by Blogger.

5 paragraphs of power



So recently, I've not been feeling myself, I explained briefly in this post, but to sum it up, I've not been 100%. In feeling this way, I've been reading a fair amount (yay) and writing a lot more (woo) so it's not all been bad I suppose. Everyone needs a little pick me up some days, we need to be told that it's okay to lie in bed and dwell for a day, we need to be told that it's okay to feel the way we do and that we aren't, despite what our over-active brain tells us, alone. Even though that's all good and well, sometimes we also need some words of encouragement, and some sentences of empowerment. Other times we need a good kick up the arse (but that's another post for a different day.)


So with that being said, here are the five things that have got me through this funk, and I hope it will you, too:


1. Say what you mean. Speak with integrity, use the power of language for truth and compassion. Avoid belittling yourself and those around you. Respect yourself enough to walk (or run) away from those that no longer serve you or make you happy. We ought to - at least every day - listen to a little song, appreciate a beautiful picture, read a little poem, and if possible, speak a few reasonable words.

2. Be the person who smiles when Monday rolls around, many people wish their life away living for the weekend. Mondays are the perfect fresh start. There is no reason for you to hate Monday's unless you're living an unfulfilled life. If that's the case, change something.

3. Be creative. To be creative means to be in love with life. Notice the insignificant, tiny little details that map out your day. You can be creative only if you want to amplify the beauty you see in the mundane; you want to bring a little more poetry, a little more music, a little bit more sparkle to it.

4. Be observant. The sun rose this morning and you woke with a full, beating heart. You have enough intelligence to string a sentence together so you can be understood, You have two feet which get you to where you need to be and hands that enable you to feed, clothe and catch yourself. You have eyes to see every beautiful occurrence in the world. If we start with these minuscule facts, maybe you will see everything is perfect as it is.

5. Live for yourself. Life is precious, and all the elements for your happiness is already here - floating around waiting for you to catch a glimpse. Just be fucking honest with yourself -  if it is important to you, then it isn't stupid. Every day you're on a journey, building yourself higher and higher - blossoming like a beautiful flower. It is so important to love yourself. The best time to start is now.

I hope you find my words as invigorating and supportive as I have.

5 comments

  1. This just changed my whole mood & made me smile and I was in a pretty good mood to start with thank you ! I love this for sure referring back to this some grey seemingly gloomy day <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no, Thank YOU lovely lady! I'm so glad you liked it and will potentially help you on a gloomy day :-)) big love x

      Delete
  2. I really appreciate these especially with my grumpy mood recently, I love number 4, it's something I really need to remind myself more!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, Jasmin! Can you think of anything I could have also included? x

      Delete
  3. Been reading your blog this afternoon (didn't get a chance to after the crazy girl gang twitter chat yesterday!) and I absolutely love the way you write.

    5 is a big one for me. Something that has taken me forever to grasp but is such a joy when you start striving to be your best self, live your best life and love yourself.

    ReplyDelete