Arora Appleby. Powered by Blogger.

When I am 30, I will not have regrets

When I am 30, I will not have regrets


When I was a kid, 30 was old like on your way to having a gravestone kinda old. Now I'm 21, it's only 9 years away.
9 years is so long yet so short in the same breath. You can accomplish so much in 9 years yet if you don't start today, those years will fly by and you'll be sat on the sofa thinking "what the fuck happened?!" When I am 30 I don't want regrets. I don't want to regret not pursuing my dreams, I don't want to regret saying no to experiences because I was scared. I don't want to regret not travelling the world or not taking chances. I don't want to regret not expressing love and gratitude or not being happy or believing in myself.

I want to dance under sunsets whilst being love-drunk on life. I want to run into clear oceans and dive face first to greet the marvellous creatures which live within. I want to choose happiness and love every single day. I want to work hard and write like my life depends on it - because really, it does.
I want to fall and fail, laugh and learn. Scream "fuck you" to my doubts, my insecurities and anyone else who encourages them. I want my eyes to glisten with curiosity as I trek through different towns, different countries, different cultures. I want to befriend my soul and work in union to create a life we love, a life we're proud of, a life where even if we don't 'succeed' we can never say we failed. I want to live in awe of the beauty, I want to live in wonder of the magic, I want to live in grace, in elegance, in clumsiness, and in uncertainty. I will be reassured that regardless of what happens, I will be okay. I'm made of stardust and oceans. I have diamonds within my veins and stainless steel for bones. I have universes living within my eyes and all the love in the world on the tip of my tongue. I don't want my life to be filled with what if's and regrets. How can I, how can anyone, live an unfulfilled life when we are all made of the same elements heroes and god(dess)'s are made from.


I choose HAPPINESS, I choose LOVE, I choose KINDNESS, I choose LIFE.


What don't you want to regret?

No comments